Much awaited highly popular Stack Overflow Q & A site has released comprehensive developer survey about what coders around the world think about programming languages, stacks and tools. Wow, 90K developers took the survey earlier this year.
- One of top programming languages is C# besides Python and Java
- TypeScript grew rapidly to become Top 3 most loved language
- Python is the most wanted language for the third year in a row
- Yey, ASP.Net is in Top 5 category of Most Loved Web Frameworks besides React.js
- Proud to see .NET Core being #1 in the category of Most Loved Other Frameworks, Libraries and Tools.
- Redis is the most loved database. SQL Server is #7 with 57.5% vote
- No wonder, Linux is the most loved platform for development with Docker and Kubernetes also gaining lot of traction in the community
- Yea, baby Visual Studio Code has become top choice among coders in category of Development Environments
- One important insight though, Container technology (Docker) yet to catch up with community – Lot of respondents said they’re not using container technology in their production
- AWS maintains comfortable lead over Microsoft Azure in cloud platforms category